Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Child-Like Faith: Constant Sense of Expectancy

What does it mean to have a constant sense of expectancy? I remember when I was a child looking forward with anticipation to Christmas. I knew something great was going to happen. There was a sense of expectancy.

Do we expect great things to happen? 

At Blueprint Worship, the band has been singing the song God of this City. This is the chorus:

Greater things have yet to come
and greater things are still to be done
in this city.

My town has a drug problem. It's such a large problem that it's becoming known for the problem. We talk in the church about trying to help, and some steps are taken to bring help, but I also feel a sense of powerlessness in the face of such a large challenge. And then I heard this song.

Greater things have yet to come
and greater things are still to be done
in this city.

There is no God like our God.


It brought me hope. A person with a child-like faith would have a constant sense of expectancy and would be anticipating that God was going to make great things happen.  Things that couldn't be anticipated, but can be expected. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home