Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Perspective

My father-in-law doesn't like it when people use the sun visor in the car if he is driving.  He complains that it blocks his view.  I never understood this; the sun visor does not block my view; in fact, why would car manufacturers place these in cars if they blocked people's views?

But the other day I was thinking about it, and I realized that he is 6'3" and I am 5'4".  What doesn't block my view probably does block his.  It's all a matter of perspective.  I'm surprised it took me 30 years to realize that.

Sometimes it helps to see the world from someone else's perspective.  It can broaden our own horizons, and it can help us (me, anyway) to be less judgmental.  What can you see from another perspective today?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home