Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Solitude

I love being alone.  Don't get me wrong, I love being with family and friends, too, but unlike some people, I enjoy time by myself.  It's rarely lonely; it's just peaceful.

In a meditation during an Advent luncheon a couple of weeks ago, Monty, the pastor of the church where my office is located, talked about solitude.  He said that in loneliness, we focus on the loss; in solitude, we focus on the blessing.  In solitude, we connect to the divine that is within us, and we realize that we are never alone.  God is always with us.

This is a very busy season, but I wonder if we could find time to be alone - to connect with God through solitude.

And then, go out and connect with God through other people.  We need to do both, I think.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home