Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Here We Go!

One morning I read a post on Facebook by a pastor who said, (and I'm paraphrasing), "I have no idea what God has in store for my churches or my family, but God has been working in my life these last couple of weeks and specifically today. Something is going to happen."  His wife posted in a comment, "Oh, my! Keep your hands inside the ride at all times! Here we go!"

It reminds me of a passage in Isaiah that says, " I am about to do a new thing;
    now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
I will make a way in the wilderness
    and rivers in the desert." (Isaiah 43:19)

It reminds me of the Israelites in Egypt who were told to bake bread without leavening and eat standing up, with their sandals on. They did it, even though they have been slaves for 400 years - how could they ever anticipate that God was going to do something in their lives? And yet they did.

Do we believe it? Are we listening enough to God to perceive the new thing that is springing forth? Are we so convinced that we will say, "Oh, my! Here we go!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home