Sunday, August 22, 2010

In

A Facebook friend tagged me today with a list of 25 Random Things. It was one of those MEME's you do, listing, in this case, 25 Random Things about yourself.

On her list was the phrase "I believe God." It stopped me, and I wondered if she had left about the "in" -- as in "I believe in God."

We often say we believe in God. We believe he exists, that his son came to the world to save us, that he was resurrected and ascended into heaven. We believe in God. We believe he is all powerful and present.

But do we believe God? Do we believe God when he tell us we are forgiven? Loved? Do we believe him when he promises us eternal life in his presence? Do we believe God when he tells us that to serve others is to serve him?

Does our belief change our lives?

Do we believe God? Or do we just believe in God?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home