Friday, August 20, 2010

Summertime

We attended a Emmaus picnic Gathering this evening. Food and music and fellowship. I enjoyed it. Once we found a place in the shade, it was cool enough to not annoy me. It would be hard to sweat and sing, "I'll Fly Away" with enjoyment.

So, how about a Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals:

  1. What is the weather like where you live? HOT. In the summer, it is HOT. Muggy. There are very few nice, pleasant days. There has been much rain this year, too. We talked this evening about a church in Grayson that has suffered flooding, and is now facing financial problems because of it. I'm sure it is not the only one.
  2. Share one thing you love about this time of year. Vacation. No snow. Fresh fruits and vegies. Ok, that's three.
  3. Share one thing you do NOT love about this time of year. The heat. The humidity. Heavy thunderstorms while I'm out driving. Three again, to balance everything out.
  4. How will you spend the remaining days leading up to Autumn? Looking forward to autumn. ;-) Eating fresh corn and wearing sandals while both of them last. Vacation is over, and the guys are back to school, so there is not much summer left.
  5. Share a good summer memory. My favorite thing to do outside on vacation is to sit on the beach after dinner, when the weather is cool and breezy, the ocean is waving, and the frozen slushy next to me is sweating instead of me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home