Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Because Psalm 23

I was reading Tuesday's Lectionary Leanings over at RevGalBlogPals. One of the commentors said she was going to use Psalm 23 as her sermon basis, but was going to put the word "because" in front of it. I thought that was an interesting idea, so here is my "cause and effect" version of Psalm 23.

Because you are my shepherd, I shall not want.

Because you make me to take rest in green pastures, because you lead me beside still waters, you restore my soul.

Because you lead me in right paths, because you are God, and you can do no less, even when I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil.

Because you are with me, because your rod guides me and and your staff protects me, I find comfort.

Because you prepare a table before me, I can sit and eat with my enemies.

Because you anoint my head with oil, my cup overflows.

Because of you and your love for me, goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in your house, forever.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home