Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hope is their middle names

I mentioned yesterday about the Foundation providing administrative assistance for the Council of Churches' fund for the families of the miners who were killed in the mine last week. We've been processing the checks that come in so that they can be deposited.

I've been a witness to what can be done in the name of Christ for people we don't even know. A woman whose middle name is Hope (literally) gave a substantial donation to the fund. Her middle name is Hope.

People are writing short prayers on their envelopes -- God bless the miners' families. I get the feeling that people are thinking, "I can't really do anything to make this better, but I can do this, so I will."

Really, every donor's middle name is Hope.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home