Monday, April 12, 2010

Alleluia

I saw a post on Facebook today where someone had uploaded a YouTube video with the song Better than an Alleluia by Amy Grant. Read these lyrics:

The woman holding on for life,
The dying man giving up the fight
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes
The tears of shame for what's been done,
The silence when the words won't come
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
Does that sound strange to you? Is it a foreign idea that my lamentations about my life might be more pleasing to God than my priase in the form of an Alleluia? It might be kind of counter-intuititave, but it fits with me image of God. God wants our praise -- our Alleluias. What he wants more than that, however, is for us to trust him and to lift up our pain and prblems out of trust of him.

Our trust says more to God about our love of him than our words.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home