Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trusting God

Why do I trust God?

We were talking about that question in Disciple class tonight. Several answers were listed:

  • The more I experience the presence of God and his action in my life, the more I am convinced that he is present and active in my life. My faith in him increases through experience.
  • The more I learn about God and his nature through Bible study, discussions with other Christians, prayer, meditation and life experiences, the more I am convinced that his nature is trustworthy. His character and nature invite trust; his actions confirm his trustworthiness.
  • The more I experience the love of God in my life, the more I am convinced that I am loved by God. I can trust a God who loves me -- that his intentions for my life are good, and that his will for me is loving.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home