Thursday, December 15, 2005

Handpainted Village


Many years ago, before G was born, I painted several houses, stores, buildings, etc in order to create a Christmas village. I have three more buildings that need painted, but now that we have the boys, I don't have time for such messy hobbies -- acrylic paint EVERYWHERE. But I do add to it with purchased trees, roads, and lightposts. We weren't able to set it up last year -- ran out of time, but we got it set up this year. It always looks peaceful to me -- a seaside town (there is a lighthouse that isn't visible in the picture) with a little red schoolhouse, a movie theater, a craft store, book store, post office, flower shop, and stone church. S, the wonder with a lightbulb, lit it up for me, so each building seems to glow with warmth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home