Thursday, December 08, 2005

After the Angel's Visit

I don't write poetry. I've never been interested in writing poetry. I play around with words sometimes and have been known to shove them together into a short story, but poetry has never appealed to me.

Imagine my surprise when I found myself writing poetry. I was driving, listening to Christmas carols, and thoughts came to me about Mary, and what it must have been like to be told that she would be the mother of Jesus. I sat down, read the passage from Luke about Mary's visit with an angel, and started to type a poem on the computer. Eventually, over the next several days, I wrote the other six poems that follow, all about what happens after a visit from an angel. I don't write poetry, so I don't believe that I wrote these by myself. What a wonderful Christmas gift this has been to spend this time with God.

The seven poems seem to belong to each other as a group, which is called "After the Angel's Visit." I think they are best read in the following order, although this is not the order in which I wrote them (Zechariah's poem was written fifth, but I think should be first). To read the series in order, click on the "A Priest's Sadness" link. At the end of each poem is a hyperlink to the next one in the series.

I read scripture before writing each poem. I have included a hyperlink to the scripture that I read before I started writing.

Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas, and remember that even after angels go home, God never leaves.

Kim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home