Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Challenge

A quote from my Franklin Planner today:
But in the mud and scum of things
There always, always something sings.,

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Part of my plan, shared with my reunion group this week, is to see the good things that people are doing rather than picking on the not so good things. 

Do you do that?  Do you focus on the negatives rather than the positives?  It wrecks my attitude, and makes me negative.  I am generally a positive, optimistic person, so when I start focusing on the negative, it changes the way I see what is around me.

There is a scene in the movie Evan Almighty when God is talking to Evan's wife.  She has prayed for patience (or something like that) and God tells her that she will gain patience when facing situations that try her patience.  (I am so much rewording this scene that I've probably completely rewritten it.

Anyway, it's unexpected that the week I plan to see the positive instead of the negative has been a challenging week to do so. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home