Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What does the Lord Require?

There is a scripture from Micah that begins something like, "What does the Lord require of you..."

I think about the shootings in Connecticut, and I hear so many people talking about what needs to be done to prevent it in the future.  Most of what I hear is external.  "They need to..."

What does the Lord require of you?  And me?

Do you believe we live in a culture of violence?  What have you done to increase peace?  Have you forgiven a neighbor? 

Do you believe there is no justice?  What have you done to stand up for the oppressed and downtrodden?  What have you done to increase justice?

Do you believe God has been removed from schools?  What have you done to teach children about your faith?   What have you done to share the love of God with a child?

Do you believe we need to increase the availability of mental health care?  What have you done about it? 

Do you believe evil and hate are becoming more prevalent in society?  Do you shake your head in disbelief at what has happened?  What have you done to love more?  To share kindness? To show the world a different way of living?

What does the Lord require of you?

(Please don't read this as me pointing at you -- I point at myself, as well.)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home