Saturday, October 08, 2011

Sign

This sign was on the wall beside the new restroom in our mall --ll that is currently being renovated.

It brings to mind several questions for me.
  1. It is, of course, a double negative, so what is really says is that contractors are always allowed in the women's restroom, regardless of the circumstances.  How often do we post signs -- literally or figuratively -- that say one thing when we mean another?  Do we even realize that we do it?
  2. Interesting to me that after this demanding order, there is a "thank you."  What do you think the attitude of the sign-writer was when he/she wrote that?  Is s/he really grateful?
  3. What has happened to prompt the sign?  I'm not sure I really want to know!
  4. What is I am a female contractor?  What am I to do?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home