Thursday, September 29, 2011

I believe

I read a post today in which someone had written what they believe.  I wondered if I could do that, so here is my attempt, without much thought (or any research or prayer or attempt to be cohesive or complete):
  • I believe God created the universe, this world, and all of us, including me. 
  • I believe the God who created the universe loves all of us and each of us, and wants to be in relationship with the body of Christ and with each of us.
  • I believe that we were all created in God's image.
  • I believe that God is a God of unimaginable and abundant grace and love.
  • I believe that God pursues us with his grace, he greets us with his grace and he offers his grace even as we refuse to acknowledge it.
  • I believe that we sin, and that we have already been forgiven through God's actions.
  • I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God.
  • I believe that Jesus of Nazareth was wholly human and wholly divine.
  • I believe that the son what with the father from the beginning.
  • I believe that the son is the incarnation of the Word into the world.
  • I believe that Jesus was crucified, died and was resurrected.
  • I believe that we have received the gift of the holy spirit -- God who lives within me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home