Friday, October 07, 2011

Table Leader's Prayer

Let your light shine through me
So that the pilgrims around this table see you.
Shine through me.

When I don’t know what to say,
Let your word be my words.
When I say too much,
And make the experience,
Too much about me,
Let my words become your words.
Speak through me.

When a pilgrim is lost,
Afraid,
Convicted,
Hurting,
Heal through me.

Remind me that you have brought me to this place,
To this table,
Because this is where you want me to be.
Help me to remember that you have already
Equipped me with the gifts I need
Forgiven me for the mistakes I will make
Strengthened me for what comes next.
Help me to remember that I never walk alone.
You are my constant companion on this walk to Emmaus.
Even when I don’t recognize you.
Shine through me.

Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home