Friday, September 09, 2011

Crosses

This week's Friday Five is all about the tschotske in your workplace. Describe five things in/on your workspace:

How about some crosses?
  • There is a metal cross in my office composed of butterflies.  It was hanging on the wall above my desk, but I bumped it, and now it is behind my desk. My immovable desk.  Someday, I'll figure out how to get it back.
  • There is another cross on my desk, crocheted out of blue and white cotton floss.  My first Annual Conference as Associate Director, a retired minister handed it to me.  I have since gotten to know him better, and I cherish his thoughtful cross.
  • There is another cross in my office, made out of pottery, and given to me by the chairperson of our Board a couple of years ago at Christmas.  It was handmade in West Virginia.  It is in two pieces, breaking when it fell over.  I keep meaning to glue it back together, but keep forgetting to bring the glue to work.
  • I have a green Celtic-style cross hanging in my window. It's made out of metal and glass, and the light passes beautifully through it.
  • On my bookshelf is a set of prayer beads -- blue, with another butterfly cross as the centerpiece.  It matches the larger, lost behind the desk one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home