On Thursday morning, the first thing I said to Steve was, "It's September." It seems like summer has flown by. I won't be sorry to see the heat end -- it was 99F this weekend, but I can't believe it is September already.
The FridayFive this week asked readers to name five things that the beginning of September means to you:
- Back to school.
- End of the chance for vacations.
- Looking forward to the cooling of the air
- Starting to think about planning the Advent devotional.
- Beginning to realize I should have started planning the Advent devotional in August.
- Premier of new seasons of television shows.
- Programming season starting at church.
- End of the summer schedule at work.
- Days getting shorter, which means the sun will probably be in my eyes going and coming from work.
- Band practice, piano practice, trumpet ensemble practice, band competitions, football games, sectional practice, band emails, high school open house.
- Preparation for a fall Emmaus walk, especially this year.