Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Where was God?

I subscribe to Sound Bites -- a ministry of First UMC of Greenbay. You can find more information and sbuscribe at this link.

Take a look at this quote:
In Washington and Chicago, as I talked about the special [9/11] edition of [my book] "Where Is God When It Hurts?", inevitably the interviewer would turn the question back on me. "Well, where is God at a time like this?"...

I thought for a moment and said, "I guess the answer to that question is another question. Where is the church when it hurts? If the church is doing its job -- binding wounds, comforting the grieving, offering food to the hungry -- I don't think people will wonder so much where God is when it hurts. They'll know where God is: in the presence of His people on earth."
-- Philip Yancey, "Where Was God on 9/11?", in Christianity Today

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home