Friday, August 27, 2010

Twenty Five Random Things

A few Random Thoughts About Me

  1. I think our dog is the sweetest dog I have ever had the pleasure to own.
  2. I am not a soccer mom, or a band mom. I am convinced of this.
  3. I like to bake bread.
  4. I hate to mow grass, and if the chore were up to me, I would pay someone else to do it.
  5. I don't like coffee, although I can drink it if I am very cold and have milk and sweetener on hand.
  6. I am rarely very cold.
  7. If I could travel any where, I think I would plan a trip around Scotland, Britain, Wales and Ireland, although I'm game to go almost anywhere.
  8. I love the beach in the evening.
  9. When I am hurt or embarrassed or angry, I cry. I hate to cry in public.
  10. When I am stressed or afraid or too tired to think, I yell. It's not pretty.
  11. I'm a knitter. I'm a cross-stitcher. I'm a beader. I'm a card-maker. I only do one at a time, for months at a time.
  12. I like to play with color, which is probably the reason for #11.
  13. I wish I could draw. I wish I could sing. I wish I could play an instrument. If talents were given out so that everyone had an even number of them, I can't think of any talent I have that I would trade in order to be able to draw or sing or play an instrument.
  14. I like hats, even though I rarely wear them. I feel awkward wearing a hat.
  15. I rarely wear shoes in my house. I love to shed them when I get home.
  16. Chocolate is one of my favorite things.
  17. Every time I look at my boys, I am amazed.
  18. I don't watch much network TV anymore because I like cable shows better.
  19. I love to go to the movies. I'll go with other people or by myself.
  20. I'll eat out by myself or to movies by myself. I'm always a little amazed that not everyone likes to do this.
  21. I hate volleyball. I learned to hate volleyball in Junior High.
  22. I have great eye-hand coordination for micro-movements with my hands and fingers. I have terrible eye-hand coordination for large tasks, like sports.
  23. I was in my thirties before I finally understood what "Keep your eye on the ball" means. Steve was throwing something upstairs to me, and he said, "Watch it come toward you, and you'll be able to catch it." OOOHH.
  24. I think God made kittens, puppies and babies cute so that we would love them while they ate our furniture, peed on the floor, and cried at 2:00 in the morning. God knows what he is doing.
  25. I love to read, but I no longer believe I have to finish a book if I start it and don't like it. Life is too short.

Image: Sunset at the Football Field this evening.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home