Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dreams.

Last week I saw the movie Inception. You don't need to worry about spoilers from me -- I can't imagine trying to explain the movie in a blog post. For the purposes of this post, all you need to know is that the world of dreams figures prominently in the story.

I read a blog post today that was written after the author saw the movie Inception. He wonders about dreams. In the Bible, God makes himself known to several people through dreams. In our time, though, do we really ever consider that God is speaking to us through our dreams?

Frankly, I've never really even considered it. I think dreams are my mind's way of taking a break, playing around with thoughts, dancing through who knows what in my mind. Clearing out the closets and shaking the dust from the rugs.

I do believe that God works his way through my mind, through my musings, and makes himself known. Why haven't I considered that there are some dreams that are woven with God's thoughts?

Dreams. Pay attention.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home