Friday, May 14, 2010

Ancestors

The RevGalBlogPals' Friday Five today is about geneology:

  1. Do you have any interest in genealogy? I like history, and I enjoy knowing about my own history. I don't really have any urging to do the research it requires, though.
  2. Which countries did your ancestors come from? I know my maternal grandmother had an ancestor from Ireland, but the other ones I know were born here. Prior to that, I don't know.
  3. Who is the farthest back ancestor whose name you know? The man from Ireland's name was Fitzpatrick. His wife's name was Mary, and she was a Cherokee Indian. He was a fur trapper. On my maternal grandfather's side, there was always a rumor that John Hancock was a relative.
  4. Any favorite saints or sinners in the group? Seems like I remember hearing about a Civil War relative who fought for the North, deserted, and then fought for the South, and then deserted.
  5. What would you want your descendants to remember about you? I hope they think I was a good human being, a child of God, a great-grandma, loving...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home