Random thoughts tonight:
- We had a lesson in Sunday school this week about prayer. I worry that my comments might have made light of people's disappointments in prayer. I don't think prayer is a request/answer kind of transaction, and I hope my comments weren't perceived as a "everything goes as God has planned it to go." I don't think that at all. I think life sometimes goes in a way God wouldn't have planned it. I do think, however, that God invites us into relationship and that prayer is one way he gets close.
- I went to a meeting at my son's Middle School tonight. It's the same building where I attended Junior High. I never get over the weirdness of that kind of experience.
- Our dog practically glues herself to me in the winter. I think she gets cold. I get cold, too, if I had go outside in the snow to go to the bathroom.
- I'm working toward certification as a Certified Lay Minister. I think I'm making it too complicated.
- Last week we read through much of the book of Proverbs in Disciple class. The Proverbs are very hard to read straight through. I think it might be the only book of the Bible that might be easier to read out of context.
- This week in Disciple in the book of Job. I haven't started it yet, but I imagine I'll still fuss about the first couple of chapters.