Monday, February 01, 2010

Random Thoughts

Random thoughts tonight:

  • We had a lesson in Sunday school this week about prayer. I worry that my comments might have made light of people's disappointments in prayer. I don't think prayer is a request/answer kind of transaction, and I hope my comments weren't perceived as a "everything goes as God has planned it to go." I don't think that at all. I think life sometimes goes in a way God wouldn't have planned it. I do think, however, that God invites us into relationship and that prayer is one way he gets close.
  • I went to a meeting at my son's Middle School tonight. It's the same building where I attended Junior High. I never get over the weirdness of that kind of experience.
  • Our dog practically glues herself to me in the winter. I think she gets cold. I get cold, too, if I had go outside in the snow to go to the bathroom.
  • I'm working toward certification as a Certified Lay Minister. I think I'm making it too complicated.
  • Last week we read through much of the book of Proverbs in Disciple class. The Proverbs are very hard to read straight through. I think it might be the only book of the Bible that might be easier to read out of context.
  • This week in Disciple in the book of Job. I haven't started it yet, but I imagine I'll still fuss about the first couple of chapters.
Image: Pine tree in snow as we walked off the hill Sunday morning to get to the car. I'm ready for spring.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

Reading Job and thinking of prayer kind of go together.

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Best Neo Wallet said...

Best Neo Wallets coin can be considered as a share in the company, representing part ownership of the NEO blockchain. Neo wallet is a lightweight wallet maintained by the NEO community. It is a linked cryptocurrency used to running apps and executing contracts on the Neo platform. Neo ICO was first launched in 2014 with the name of Antshares NEO offers users with digital assets, smart contracts, digital identities as well as Decentralized app

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home