Saturday, January 30, 2010

Assumptions

I ordered a casserole dish and carrier about a week ago. I assumed it was like the one I already had (I was hoping to have two of them) -- a rectangular dish measuring 9x13.

The new one arrived, and I opened it today. It's rectangular, but it's about half the size of the 9x13. It's tiny for a casserole. It has all the "parts" of a 9 x 13 dish, but tiny. How is it that I bought such a tiny carrier?

The problem is I assumed I knew what it was, and what size it was. It looks just the same as ours -- looking at the picture online wouldn't have given me any clues. I needed to read the description, and I didn't. I just assumed.

How often do we assume we know what is going on? How often do we fail to ask questions? How often are we wrong without even knowing it? How often do we find out our error and feel silly? Happens to me often -- like this tiny casserole dish.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home