Friday, April 03, 2009

Focus

When I was in high school, I was part of our UMYF Holy Fools group. We dressed up as clowns and visited, acting silly.

As part of that, some of us attended a clown school. we learned about make-up and mannerisms. Part of the class involved us standing in two lines, facing each other. One of us would walk across the open space, while the person across from us would watch. The second person would then walk back across the open space, imitating the walk of the first person.

The person who "walked like me," walked with facing the floor, looking down. I had no idea that I walked like that.

Where do we look in our walk through life? Do we look at the ground, watching only as far as the end of our feet? Do we walk backwards, only looking into the past? Do we look forward, ignoring all of the things around us?

Perhaps we are called to do something entirely different. Are we called to look up, focusing on God?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home