Thursday, March 26, 2009

And yet...

I know that I am a child of God
I know that I was claimed by God
the day my parents brought me
to the altar
to be baptized.
I know all of this,
and yet... *

And yet.

God daily convinces me of his presence.
He makes my path clear
He walks beside me
He protects me.
God provides for me
through his love.
He leads me to where I need to be.
and yet...

And yet.

I know that Christ died for my sins
He suffered a horrible death
because of me.
For me.
He paved the way to my acceptance
Forgiveness
Redemption.
He was sent by God
To become human.
Even though he was God.
and yet...

And yet.

I am claimed by God.
His child.
He will love me into eternity**
I am an immortal being
A parnter with God
In the work of his kingdom
He relies of me.
He counts on me.
and yet...

And yet.

I confess that I still do not obey.
I am selfish and unkind.
I do not show love when it is needed.
I fail to be the light of Christ.
My time and talents
are not used for the work of his kingdom.
His grace is not often evident
in my life.
and yet...

And yet.

I am loved.
Forgiven.
Given a new chance every day.
Every morning.
Every evening.
To let his light shine.
Thank God he never gives up on me.
Thank God for grace.

Notes:
* -- First stanza is from Rev. Amy Shanholtzer's sermon at this week's Lenten luncheon at St. Marks. Great great message. I may not have quoted it exactly.
** -- From Debbie McGinnis' devotional.

Image: Creek at Ritter Park

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home