Let's think about my house -- yes, I know that topic just THRILLS you! Here is last Friday's 5 from RevGalBlogPals:
- If you could, what room in the place you are currently living would you redo first? In practically, the upstairs bathroom really needs a redo. If I didn't need to do that, I would redo the kitchen. The stairs need refinished, and Steve and I could do that on our own, but we just haven't found the time.
- What is the most hideous feature/color/decor item you have ever seen in a home? We rented a house before we bought this one. It had a very thin room on the side of the house that had RED carpet. To top it all off, we put a burnt orange couch in that room. Argh. That same house had a bathroom with pepto bismol pink walls and avacado fixtures. The kitchen had teal counters and a yellow sink. BUT that kitchen had the greatest oven -- 5 burners and a small side oven (in addition to a full size oven.)
- What feature do you most covet? Do you have it? If not, is it within reach? Walk in closet. Full size oven instead of a small eye-level oven.
- Your kitchen - love it or hate it? Why? I don't hate it, although there are things about it that I would love to change. I like that it is an eat-in kitchen and that there is truly room in the kitchen for two cooks. I would love to replace the oven and stove and would love to redo the cabinets. Also, someone decided before we moved in that the countertop needed a built-in cutting board. That person was wrong.
- Here is $10,000 and you HAVE to spend it on the place you are living now. What do you do? Bathroom. Kitchen. Add a walk in closet to the bed room.