Monday, February 02, 2009

Have you not known?

The devotional at our office meeting today was based on parts of Psalm 91.
That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards. Verse 3
That particular phrase stopped me. I was thinking as she read -- there are so many traps that I fall into. Traps that grab me when I say things that I should not -- when I do things that I later think are mistakes.

One of the lectionary readings for this week is Isaiah 40:21-31. Read this verse:
Have you not known? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth? Verse 1
How often do I need someone to stand in front of me and say, "Don't you remember? You say you have faith, and yet there are times when you do not seem to act as if you are aware that God is God."

If I remembered, and if I listened, then perhaps he could do as he promises, and save me from the traps that catch me when I do not remember him.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home