Monday, January 25, 2021

Logos: Psalm 62:5-12 - As the Storm Rages


Inspired by Psalm 65:5-12

As the Storm Rages

As the storm rages around me
I try to wait in silence,
My soul waits in silence
for the Lord.

In this silence
as the storm screams,
I find my hope.
As the hopelessness around me
presses in on me,
I find my hope in God.

God and only God
is solid.  
Foundation.
Salvation.

God is my fortress.
In this safety, I will not be shaken
In this quiet, as I sit in silence,
I wait for God.
I find God.
I find hope.
I find refuge.

What we value,
riches, power, selfishness,
are but a breath,
fleeting.
Do not put confidence in them.
Do not fill your heart with them.

Listen.
God has spoken, and God speaks.
Remember.
The power belongs to God.
Steadfast love flows from God.
And this is the grace God gives to us.

 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home