Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Logos: 1 Corinthians 6:12


  •  I have freedom of speech - I can say what I want and you can't stop me.
  • Why should I worry about political correctness? Why do I have to be so concerned about what might hurt someone else?  You should have a thicker skin - I can say what I want.
  • There is no law against that.  I can do it if I want to.

Living in this country, we do have freedom.  People have fought and died so that you and I can say what we think, worship as we feel called, and live a life of freedom within the laws of society. 

Christ has died to give us freedom, too.  Freedom from our sin, from our  hate, from our pain.  Christ has freed us so that we can love others.

Paul wrote to the church at Corinth:  "All things are lawful for me," but not all things are beneficial. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be dominated by anything.  (1 Corinthians 6:12).

Christ has freed us so that we can consider the impact of what we say on the lives of others.  Christ has freed us to that we can show others love instead of hate in what we do.  Christ has freed us so that our first thought is not "it is legal so I'll do it" but instead, "it isn't loving, so I won't do it."

Christ has freed us to live.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger birdwatcher said...

Reminds me of the prayer of confession in the liturgy for Communion

Free us for joyful obedience.

to love one another as God has loved us.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Yes - great connection.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home