Monday, January 04, 2021

To Protect


 I was on an elevator the other day, and it stopped on a floor to pick up a passenger.  The man asked if he could ride, and I said yes, but he wasn't wearing a mask.  He stepped on; I stepped off, and the elevator went up without me. 

When I ride an elevator, I am not alone.  With me is my husband, and my mother, and my boys, and the people with whom I work - all of those who are in my bubble.  What I do can impact them.  I try not to be rude, but I do get frustrated with those who choose not to wear a mask or keep their distance.  I don't want to get sick, but I really don't want those I mentioned to get sick because of something I did or didn't do that failed to protect them from me. 

Who do you love? Who do you want to protect? Can you allow that love to be your motivation for wearing the mask and following the guidelines given to us by scientists?   Masks help.  Distance helps.  Hand-washing helps (I hope you were already doing that!).  If they help, then I will do them, without excuse and without (much) complaint.  To protect them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home