Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Walls

Last week I heard a story on NPR about a possible leak of toxic gas on the International Space Station.  The occupants had all retreated to the Russian side of the station and sealed the door the questionable air space.  The report stopped me because I had no idea that the INTERNATIONAL space station had parts that were labeled by country name.  There is a Russian side?  A United States side?  What other parts are there?

I had always considered the space station to be an example of cooperation between nations.  I assumed that there were no country boundaries in the station - that it was all one large (relatively) without boarders.  I guess I was wrong.

Where else do we build walls between people?  Where else do we say, "this is mine; don't cross this line?"  What walls can we tear down today?

(Note:  The image of this church has nothing to do with the article, but I think it is a classic example of a white country church, and it was such a beautiful day to photograph it.  The church sits in the shadow of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Green Bank.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home