Thursday, January 22, 2015

Not Alone

A couple of Sundays ago, our Sunday school teacher told a story about an experience she had with the Lord's Prayer. Several years ago, she was leading a group of kids as they said the prayer.  As they continued, the kids got quieter and quieter, until eventually, she was the only one who was praying.  As she said it alone, she realized that she couldn't remember it.

Whenever I lead the congregation in the Morning Prayer, I always make sure I have the Lord's Prayer written down and that I have it with me.  I fear that the same thing would happen to me in the anxiety of praying in front of a large group of people.

The thing is - the Lord's Prayer is a corporate prayer.  Think about the words - they include many repetitions of the words we and us.  We are meant to pray it together.

Maybe that says something about how we are to live it out - corporately.  Just as we can have problems praying it alone, I'm certain we will have problems trying to live it out alone.  We need each other to live the lives that God intends.

Just one more reason to be part of the Body of Christ.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home