Sunday, April 22, 2012

Electronics

The Friday Five from last Friday:
  1. Do you use social connections, like Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in or whatever else there is? Describe how you use it/these.  I use Facebook.  I don't spend a lot of time on it daily, but it is useful for several reasons.  It keeps me in touch with family and friends, and it helps me to keep in up to date with what is happening across our Annual Conference.  It's a great tool.
  2. Do you text on your cell phone? Work, friends, family?  Yes.  Yes, yes and yes.
  3. Do you play any games? Which ones?  Yes.  Solitaire, Words with Friends, Bejeweled, Collapse.  My evil older son got me involved with iSlash.
  4. How do you predominantly use the various electronic devices you possess?  I use my laptop daily for all of my computer needs.  I use my desktop when at work, and those two machines are connected through Dropbox.  I use my iPad for email, web browsing, Netflix, and word processing/spreadsheets.  It doesn't do everything a full-fledged computer will do, but it is easy to transport.   I scan all church meeting documents into Dropbox, and then just carry my iPad to meetings.  That way I don't have to keep the hard copies (or print them out, unless I want them).  I have also stopped buying books -- I read electronic books.
  5. How do you feel about blogging? Are you as involved in blogging as when you first started? What facilitates your blogging?  I still blog, but not quite as faithfully as I was - not strictly daily.  That change is not related to electronics, but instead to my lack of discipline in study and reading.  I need material for my blog, and I'm not being as faithful to acquiring it.  I continually resolve to change that, and hopefully, I'll do better.  I blog from Blogger on my desktop or laptop.  I can also blog from my iPad using BlogPress. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home