Friday, April 20, 2012

Vital connections

A Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals:
  1. How do you intentionally make a vital daily connection with God? What roots you and gives you life?  I wish I could say that I am good at this, but I do feel most connected when I do daily devotional time, read/study with regularity, attend my reunion group meetings, attend Bible study ... it's nothing extraordinary, but it requires discipline.  It's kind of like sensible eating and exercise.  It's not a glamorous answer, but truth.
  2. Do you have a favourite space/ place that you go to?  I have a chair in my office near a window where I will read devotional -- it's like stepping away from my desk and from my regular routine.  I like to go to the chapel in the church where I work for times of prayer. 
  3. Is there a particular passage, phrase or prayer that brings you immediately into God's presence?"Be still and know...."
  4. Music- essential ingredient or distraction- discuss  Yes.  Both.  Sometimes silence for prayer, sometimes musics brings me into God's presence.
  5. Silence and solitude or engagement with like minded others? Yes.  Both.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home