Thursday, April 19, 2012

DNA

I'm at a conference in San Francisco.  The attendees participated in a banquet tonight; I had dinner with (along with others) a gentleman from St. Louis.  His father was a Lutheran pastor.  When I told him that I was a United Methodist, he said that he admired the Methodist faith because of its commitment to social ministry (ministry is my word).

He's right, though.  Wesley's faith was one of social holiness.  I told him that it was built into our DNA.

Did you know that after the Genone Project to sequence the human DNA, scientists now think that only about 1.5% of our DNA codes for proteins? 

I hope our Methodist DNA from Wesley for social holiness is not a silent, untranslated DNA -- I hope it codes for our proteins and is put to work in this organism that is our church.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home