Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Look Moment

Brenda Dayne, in her podcast, said that when you create something, there is a hidden "look" moment, that usually appears at the end of the creative process.  She was specifically talking about knitting -- that moment when you block the shawl, and you see the entire lace pattern at one time, for the first time, as a whole created piece.

It applies to all kinds of created projects. 

I can relate to what she is saying.  I notice it when I knit.  I notice it when I create a brochure or a completed project.  J, when he completed a project for a English, had a "look" moment when it was completed.

It is a moment of awe, when you have that "look" moment -- perhaps not awe at the quality of the project, but instead awe that what was in your mind is now a reality.

I see it in my children as they grow.  Moments of awe that our children are growing into adults. 

I wonder if God has those moments. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home