Friday, December 09, 2011

Random Friday

Today's Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals is a suggestion to list Five Random Things (Surprises, Thoughts, whatever...).  I can be random, so here goes:
  1. We toured eight homes in our town last Sunday as part of an Arts Fundraiser. We enjoyed it, and it motivated us to go buy a new Christmas Tree. We are modifying it, from a tree with pre-strung white lights to one with pre-strung white and colored lights. It was funny to see "unlit" trees advertised. All trees used to be "unlit," and the modifier was unnecessary.
  2. I have an empty weekend ahead and much to get done. I wonder how much will actually get done.
  3. G is coming home from school -- for one night -- to take his girlfrield to a formal dinner to which she has invited him, and then he'll go back to school, and then, on Tuesday, he'll come back home for Christmas break. That's a lot of driving!
  4. This weekend is our church's service of Nine Lessons and Carols. Choirs, bells and brass.
  5. Sometime, I would like to write a "liturgy" for Advent Candle lighting. I wonder what some of the basic requirements are for this kind of material. Could I leave out the very tired song, "Light the Advent Candle"? Surely there is some other song we could sing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Evidently the song you mention is not necessary as I have not heard of it. (Though the methodists may have different requirements :) ) My PC(USA) church tends to do a simple liturgy ending with a different verse of O Come O Come Emmanuel.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home