Today's Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals is a suggestion to list Five Random Things (Surprises, Thoughts, whatever...). I can be random, so here goes:
- We toured eight homes in our town last Sunday as part of an Arts Fundraiser. We enjoyed it, and it motivated us to go buy a new Christmas Tree. We are modifying it, from a tree with pre-strung white lights to one with pre-strung white and colored lights. It was funny to see "unlit" trees advertised. All trees used to be "unlit," and the modifier was unnecessary.
- I have an empty weekend ahead and much to get done. I wonder how much will actually get done.
- G is coming home from school -- for one night -- to take his girlfrield to a formal dinner to which she has invited him, and then he'll go back to school, and then, on Tuesday, he'll come back home for Christmas break. That's a lot of driving!
- This weekend is our church's service of Nine Lessons and Carols. Choirs, bells and brass.
- Sometime, I would like to write a "liturgy" for Advent Candle lighting. I wonder what some of the basic requirements are for this kind of material. Could I leave out the very tired song, "Light the Advent Candle"? Surely there is some other song we could sing.