Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Arguing about Disagreements

I am currently listening to Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis -- the audio book version.

He says in the very beginning that one of the things that Christians disagree about is the importance of their disagreements.  What one may say is a matter of little consequence is a huge matter of faith to another Christian.  Not only do they disagree about the issue itself, but they can't understand each other's attitude toward how vital the issue is in faith.

I was riding to work one day, listening to NPR.  The report was about evolution and the Creation story in Genesis.   The interview was with a person who said that if the Genesis story is not absolutely true, then the whole faith crumbles (I'm paraphrasing).  Others (including myself) would say my faith stands either way. 

We argue about these matters. Perhaps our priorities are not God's priorities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home