Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Experiences

The Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals last week asked us to share five new experiences we have had -- moments of insight, wonder or discovery -- or moments we have shared with other people.

  1. I remember the first time we took our older son to the beach. He was barely one year old. He loved it, but he was a little nervous. His nerves were evident because he carried a purple and green sand shovel around with him everywhere he went on the beach.
  2. I remember the first time I saw the Pacific Ocean up close and personal. Steve and I were in San Francisco, and we drove up the coast. After visiting Point Reyes Lighthouse, we drove down to the beach. It was so different from Atlantic Ocean beaches - smaller and rockier. Just different.
  3. I remember the first time I held our older son. It was quiet an experience, and yet, while it was the first time I held him, I felt like I knew him already.
  4. Why do I remember more "firsts" with our older son than with our younger one? I remember the first time the older one used a straw to take a drink from a cup. Amazing!
  5. I remember the first time our younger son shrugged his shoulder. He was 7 weeks old and a brith injury had meant that he couldn't move his right arm. At his first occupational therapy session, he shrugged, and we were all very happy.




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

As a second child, I swore I would be just as thoughtful and intentional about things with the second as the first. Between being distracted by #1 while #2 is having those experiences, and having it not actually be my very first time to see a chid do such things, I'm failing miserably at that task. I remember the first time my first drank with a straw, too.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home