Saturday, February 19, 2011

Words

From this week's RevGalBlogPals site:  For this Friday Five, please list five words that identify your passions, spirituality, and/or life. Describe as much or as little as you wish.
  1. Grace -- When I was younger, grace was one of those words that was a "churchy" word.   I really didn't know what it meant.  As I've grown older, and hopefully grown in the faith, grace has come to mean a great deal to me.  It's a word whose  meaning has blossomed in my faith. 
  2. Joy -- Joy is a word whose meaning has changed for me.   It used to mean "happiness;" now it means closeness to God.  The Joy of being close to God. 
  3. Communication -- I feel very strongly about communication.  It's the glue that holds a team together.  It is how you validate the worth of other team members.  It takes some effort and time, but for me, it is totally worth it.  I am passionate about communication.
  4. Organization -- There is a scene in the television show Friends where Chandler is looking for a job.  Monica takes the time to organize his options in a file box with colored labels and alphabetical stickers.  He pulls out the first one -- Advertising -- and decides that is the field for him.  He apologizes that she has gone to all this trouble, and she laughs at him.  She finds joy in the organization of the data.  I'm with her.
  5. Color -- I love to play with color.  Color is probably the motivating factor behind most of the things I make by hand -- the items I knit, jewelry I make, cards I put together.  I use color to organize my work; in fact, I have an office supply drawer in my desk at work with about half of the space filled up with colored paper -- organized in "rainbow order."  Behind the files of paper are small baskets of colored pencils and markers.  I love color.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home