Thursday, November 11, 2010

Presence

I'm still reading Bishop Schnase's new book -- Five Practices of Fruitful Living.

The chapter I'm reading now is about worship. Among other things, he says worship is out weekly appointment with God.

I like the idea of that -- the discipline of that. If it were solely up to me, I might not make it to worship each week. I might sleep late, fix a leisurely breakfast, or knit. The habit of attending worship each week, whether I feel like it or not, is what gets me to worship.

Once I'm there, I usually find that I needed to be there, and I come away renewed. I also come away having worshiped God, and that's the goal.

Not being there would equate to not being there for the worship of God. Presence is paramount.

Image: Leaf in Ritter Park.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous RSchnase@aol.com said...

I continue to appreciate your thoughtful reflections on Five Practices of Fruitful Living. Thank you for sharing. Blessings, R Schnase

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home