Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blendship

The Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals last week was called The Perfect Blendship.

Remember this song?

If you're ever in a jam, here I am.
If you're ever in a mess, S.O.S.
If you're so happy, you land in jail. I'm your bail.
It's friendship, friendship, just a perfect blendship.
When other friendships are soon forgot, ours will still be hot.
For today's Friday Five, some questions about friendship.
  1. Who is the first friend you remember from childhood? I remember the song from childhood, singing it with my mom. She's always been my friend, probably the first one I remember. I also remember a friend named Paige, I think, from kindergarten.
  2. Have you ever received an unexpected gift from a friend? Steve and I were on the road for our anniversary in 2008. Our friends sent a beautiful flower arrangement to our hotel room. Such a beautiful, wonderful surprise.
  3. Is there an old friend you wish you could find again? Or have you found one via social media or the Internet? I connected with a friend on Facebook just last week. I haven't heard from her in years and years -- we were friends right after I finished college. I have a friend from school that I wish had an email address or was on Facebook.
  4. Do you like to get your good friends together in a group, or do you prefer your friends one on one? One of my favorite things to do it to get together with a couple with whom we are friends. We see each other often with other people around, too, but those times with just the four of us are special. We talk and laugh and share.
  5. Does the idea of Jesus as a friend resonate with you? In some ways, I suppose. Not in all ways.
Image: The surprise anniversary flowers

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home