Sunday, April 25, 2010

Annointing

I'm back from the walk. It was a great experience. I promised words tonight instead of just a pictures, but that they would be tired words.

They are words from a tired writer.

Chyrl wrote a devotional last week about Psalm 23, and how each part will speak to someone else, and how each person will hear something else emphasized each time. I think that's true about the 23rd Psalm (and about all scripture). There was a pilgrim on the walk -- a young woman with a young child -- who was fighting 4th stage colon cancer. This morning we added a healing service to the schedule for her, including an annointing with oil. Part of the pre-written worship service included a reading of the Psalm. The line "he anoints my head with oil" rang out of the scripture for me today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home