Thursday, August 20, 2009

Open or Closed

This is a not-very-attractive-image of the organ pipes for the organ at Wesley Chapel, West Virginia Wesleyan College.

Note the two wooden boxes behind the screen. I'm not sure what those are called, but notice the one on the left (your left, I think) is open and the one of the right is closed. When the louvers are closed, the sound coming from the organ is dampened, and when they are open, the sound is louder.

I took this image because one is open and the other one is closed. I thought that might be unusual. I also thought it would make a blog post.

We, as a church, and as individual members of it, are called to tell the story. To witness. Do you (do I) close the louvers and dampen the story's volume, or do we say it loudly and clearly, with our words and our actions?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home