Sunday, August 16, 2009

Judy

My mother-in-law, Judy, died early this morning from Alzheimer's disease.

So far I have learned, or have been reminded that:
  • God is at work, even when we don't know it. In God's good time, Steve, his brother and I all ended up in Judy's room for a visit, even though it hadn't been planned. At the time, it felt like a goodbye. I suppose it was. My sister-in-law, Jenny, saw her yesterday: another visit inspired by God.
  • The process of death from Alzheimer's lasts a very long time. It feels like she has been gone for a very long time. At the same time, she just left.
  • When grace is offered, take it because you want to. Don't avoid it because you don't need it. It's OK to accept it just becuase you want to.
  • Funeral home clothes are awful.
God must hold the memories of Alzheimer's patients in trust and returns them as part of perfect healing.

Judy, we'll miss you.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

I'm sorry for your families loss,I'll say a prayer for you.

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home