Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Fire and Deadlines

There are several species of plants in Australia that have seed cases so hard that only a bush fire will provide the necessary heat to open them.

I knew about plants like that, or had heard rumors about them. As I was driving home today, I was listening to a podcast that compared this kind of seed release to the pressure of a deadline.

Sometimes I'm like that. Sometimes I put things off longer and longer until only the fire and heat of a deadline will make me get to work. Are you ever like that?

Sometimes God is like that. I have knitted two prayer shawls -- ever -- and both times it was like the heat of a fire, pushing me to complete them. Now now now.

I'm glad God's not always like that. He would wear me out!

Image: Flower and bee from today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home