Monday, July 06, 2009

Exude Grace

A year or two ago I was team-teaching a book study. I don't remember which book we were studying at the time, but we started talking about grace (maybe it was Yancey's What's so Amazing about Grace). There were some in the class that believed that grace only came from God -- that we could not experience God's grace through someone else.

I think part of this opinion is the the idea that forgiveness = grace. To me, forgiveness is a part of grace, but grace is bigger. For me, grace is the love of God.

In the sermon on Sunday, Jeremiah used the phrase "exudes grace" to describe someone. To exude is to ooze or to display abundantly. I like the image of oozing grace. To ooze something is to overflow, to be unable to contain something.

I think the grace of God can come to us in so many different ways that it would be impossible to count them. I definitely think God's grace can ooze onto us through other people.

I think that might be a goal: to exude grace.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home