Thursday, May 21, 2009

Oh, Lord, You're Beautiful

Oh Lord, you're beautiful.
Your face is all I seek.


A walk in the park,
camera in hand.
Beautiful day, covered in sunshine.
Grace a blue sky,
Canopy of green leaves.
No kneeling bench,
No heads bowed,
And yet,
Unquestionably in my soul,
It was prayer.

When your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me


A church kitchen.
Time spent alone
Listening to music
Oh, Lord, you're beautiful.
Preparing a meal for friends in grief.
No sermon,
No liturgy,
And yet,
Unquestionably in my heart,
It was worship.

Oh, Lord, you're beautiful,
Your face is all I seek.


A meal,
Time after a funeral.
Time to be spent as a family,
Intruders welcomed by grace.
Invited as friends.
No blessed bread,
No cup of wine,
And yet,
Unquestionably, in our minds
it was communion.

For when your eyes are on this child
your grace abounds to me.


Funeral
Honoring, celebrating
The life of a man who will be missed,
and yet who has been welcomed home.
Graceful words,
Love abounding and overflowing
One man singing,
I'll fly away.
No hymnals
No trumpets
and yet,
Unquestionably, in our spirits
it was music,
God singing over his church.

Oh, Lord, You're beautiful
Your face is all I see
For when you eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me.

Image: From the park.
Lyrics: From Oh Lord, You're beautiful, sung by Michael W. Smith. Heard while cooking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home